Thursday 19 July 2012

Games Gathering


I say – the weather is abysmal, although I do hear that there will be blue skies come the weekend.

George met with the Spiffing gents from the Crabbie’s team last night following their return from The Scottish Open. To my surprise, you’ll never guess what George has inherited from the group and has since set up in the garden, Crabbie’s fans: The Crabbie’s Long Putt Challenge!

I have to admit I was a little sceptic at first – yet, we’re having much fun now I’ve had some practice.  

This got me thinking about all the old indoor games that we used to play and have had a little rootle through all of our cupboards. Wow, the things that we found: carpet bowls, dominos, pick-up sticks, monopoly and yhatzee - what a score.

Sometimes a good old fashioned game can be a lot more fun then you expect it to be. On the back of this notion, George and I have organised a games weekend with friends, food and Crabbie’s. The Long Putt is set up and all the other games our stacked ready - it is going to be an absolute hoot of a good time.

What game did you once favour that you could happily play again at the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment